We all get too much irrelevant email. Gated helps users reduce inbox noise and focus on the messages that matter most. We are building a massively scalable B2C brand that users already love.
The vision is revolutionary: we believe people should be in control of their own attention.
The solution is unique: Gated gives overwhelmed marketers and executives back control of their inbox, for free, without changing their workflow.
We are searching for a Full-Stack Engineer to scale Gated into the millions of users. You will report to our Head of Engineering and be responsible for designing the maturity roadmap, cloud architecture, and application patterns that are highly available, scalable, performant, and secure (more on this below). This is an early stage, hands-on opportunity to be both a leader and contributor.
• Partner closely with and report directly to the Head of Engineering with a high degree of ownership across all domains of engineering, system architecture, data systems, and infrastructure, comfortable partaking in key technology decisions.
• Design the technology maturity roadmap that grows the organization intelligently, meeting the go-to-market needs of today, while balancing the technical debt of tomorrow’s scaling needs.
• Develop a highly performant, scalable platform, implementing architectural patterns, technologies and frameworks to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the business and engineering department alike.
• Implement and execute organizational best practices, including documentation, system diagrams, disaster recovery, security and compliance.
• Directly contribute to the application codebase, establishing best practices and designing foundational libraries, utilities, naming conventions, and patterns.
• Proficient in enterprise platforms and scalable application design
• SQL data structures, schemas, and query design
• Expert in effectively and securely leveraging Google Cloud Platform services
• Experience in event-driven, microservice architectures
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, amongst technical and non technical audiences
• Senior level understanding of administering and leveraging Kubernetes
• Google APIs particularly Gmail, Calendar and OAuth
• Previous success at startup / high growth stage organization
• Experience with big data products
• Compliance adherent system design, preferably SOC2
• NodeJS/Typescript experience
We’re solving one of the big problems of the workplace (the tyranny of the inbox) and building a product that helps people focus on what matters most to them... all while supporting nonprofits!
You’re joining a startup that has proven the viability of the vision. We have market fit, amazingly passionate users and advocates, and compelling monetization. You’ll be able to focus on building the product confidently with the backing of our investors - who include some of the top CEOs and technical leaders in the world. (We’ll share a list as part of the interview process.)
Team & Culture:
You’ll join a team of veterans and rockstars. Our CEO has led growth at three $1B companies. Our Head of Marketing worked at Google with some of the world’s largest brands. Our Head of Engineering has 20 years of experience and most recently served as CPO at Community.co. Plus, you’ll be able to tap into our extraordinary network of advisors, investors, and advocates.
Build for the User
Our products are consistently human-centric. (Although they often benefit senders and nonprofits as well.)
Innovate in Email
Email is broken, not dead. We believe new incentives and better solutions will help everyone to love their inbox again.
Keep it Simple
We strive to reduce distraction and minimize disruption to your workflow.
We create products that place the utmost value on the security of personal data and information.
We love what we are doing as a team and a company. We approach each day with eagerness to make a lasting impact on society. We work hard toward shared goals and support each other on the road to success.
We believe that family and personal wellbeing is paramount. As our founding team all have children, we especially encourage flexibility as it pertains to keeping your family happy and healthy. We work when we need to, not when the clock says. We are a fully remote team and hire qualified employees, regardless of location.
We believe in doing the right things, at the right time. We invest the time it takes to identify and keep the team aligned on our key priorities.
We hire people who make the company better by pulling us all forward. We seek team members who attack problems independently, but never hesitate to ask for input and guidance from others.
We value clear thinking and structured communication. As a small team (for now), we make decisions that engage all stakeholders appropriately. We invest in communicating and operationalizing our decisions in a scaleable way.